It’s easy to take life – and ourselves – too seriously. I’ve been doing that a lot lately. My schedule has been busy and I’ve been focused on things that require deep, intense thought. It’s all good, but I need to balance it by lightening things up a bit.
It’s time for some fun, folks! Are you ready to get your “silly” on?
Did you know that being silly can radically shift your mood? It does wonders as a “reset” button on a tough day.
I challenge you to do something fun, odd and out-of-the-ordinary this week. Big or little, it doesn’t matter. As long as it’s outside your norm.
Take a few minutes to think about it… what could this look like for you? This is so much fun! Allow your imagination to run wild…
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Go out in public wearing a bra on the outside of your shirt. You’re a man? Even funnier!
Hmmm… too wacky? Let’s see what else we can come up with…
- Do a dance down the sidewalk
- Serenade someone you don’t know, maybe in a grocery store. Just don’t freak anyone out too much.
- Find a crazy Hallowe’en wig and wear it out shopping (with regular clothes, not with a costume), acting as if nothing is strange.
- Loudly sing Christmas carols in public – now, not in December.
- At a restaurant or coffee shop, when the waiter/waitress asks what you’d like, make the strangest face you can muster.
You get the picture!
You’ll get some really strange looks, but also some smiles in the process. And you know what? You just may make someone’s day by resetting their mood as well.
A silly win-win.
So… tell me… what silly stuff will you try this week?